Companies face multiple challenges in this global economy. To remain competitive in this demanding market, they are constantly adopting latest cutting edge technologies so as to improve services and increase their bottom-line. This technology drive has created huge demand for highly talented and skilled resources for implementing mission critical projects. To improve the profits, these technology initiatives and related projects demand optimum resourcing / staffing strategies.
Hiring Managers face tough staffing issues with tight deadlines for deliverables. They have insufficient staff and most of them may not be able to keep up with the demands for human capital to ensure the successful completion of their project. Furthermore in some cases the hiring manager may only require this resource for a very specific role and for a limited time. This calls for a staffing plan/strategy to support the flexible demands of the projects during the entire life cycle using outsourced services. The purpose of the staffing plan is to ensure that the project has sufficient resources with the right skills based on project schedule for successful completion.
When developed as a strategy, flexible project staffing can cut cost, maintain quality and help accomplish specific goals. ASAP Canada Staffing Service has the expertise and capability to support mission critical project staffing needs. Our best practices approach starts off with an assessment of our client project needs, and work flow. Our team, after careful evaluation, recommends a staffing plan to support the end-to end needs of the project implementation. Our staffing solutions offer flexibility, scalability, right mix of human capital at competitive prices.
Project Staffing Plan
Primary task of our team is to build an effective project staffing plan to identify the following:
- Skills Matrix – Required skills for each task in the project structure
- Estimate man hours for each task
- Resource matrix – required resources (internal and outsourced) – Training of in-house team, hiring, supplemental staffing using IT staffing vendors, etc. Planned hiring of new technical staff can help in transition. Critical staff has to be identified and managed carefully.
- Resource Deployment Matrix – Resource start date and sign off date (optimum utilization) – Gradual increase / decrease of resources, rotation and re-deployment based on project delivery schedules / milestones. Right mix will ensure both internal staff and outsourced resources are deployed in a blended mode to avoid unexpected departure or absence of outside consultants.
- Resource / Risk Management – Manage / monitor resources periodically and avoid project risks due to resource issues. Absence of skilled resources when required will lead to project delays and cost escalation. Project staffing needs careful planning as it involves lead time to source, screen, and successfully deploy the right technical and management resources. As part of risk and continuity management, full time internal staff must be allowed to grow during the implementation cycle so that knowledge gained is not lost.
- A check list with all the above factors will help the program managers / project managers / HR to plan the internal and outsourcing staffing requirements, manage critical staff, transition planning, knowledge transfer and deliver projects on time within budget.
ASAP Canada Staffing Services provides end-to-end staffing services for capital projects from “kick-off to sign-off.
Our project staffing strategy ensures a seamless integration with the client team in a shared responsibility approach to ensure project success. Periodic meetings from Kick-off to sign-off helps in project coordination, managing human capital budget and meeting client expectations. Timely monitoring leads to better visibility of resource utilization and cost control. ASAP Canada Staffing Services specializes in providing major capital projects with engineering consultants who are ready to roll with little or no learning curve. Our consultants have strong industry experience, and academic background. Our professionals constantly update their skills to keep ahead.
Whether you are a startup company or a mid size to large organization, we can help staff your mission critical technology projects with qualified professionals with contract, contract to hire and direct hire.
Please feel free to contact our representative for your Project Staffing needs. We will be glad to assist you in developing the project staffing plan and provide qualified resources.